
Wow...so here we are thinking that spring is wonderful! Walking around outside in t-shirts, some are in shorts (not me), windows opened....then Tuesday comes. The start of one freaking crazy snow storm! So, Tuesday I was in town watching Lincoln, and it starts snowing. Thick, heavy snow. I borrowed Moms truck because one of my windsheild wiper blades flew off on Monday on the highway (I was mad to say the least!) I'm glad I borrowed the truck. When I was on my way home around 530, the snow was coming down pretty heavy. And of course because the weather changed people were driving like idiots. The highway was not too bad but it wasn't great. The snow had pilled up in the middle and on the side, so if you drove in it, you were pulled in that directions. I'm telling you it was crazy. I did 100km/h on the highway, following about ten cars. It was nuts. Then finally got to my moms to get Emma and my car, I had to push off almost a foot of snow off my car!! Heavy freaking snow!! So anyways, we are home having a good evening. Emma goes to bed. Adam and watch a movie and head to bed around 1030. Well....at 1100pm the power flickered and woke me up. Then it shut off for a minute, turned back on, then shut off again for good. It was soo dark in our basement suit, I seriously couldn't see my own hand in front of my face. My only thought was, Emma do not wake up!! She did, around 130. I had to find Adams cell phone to use as a flashflight so I could go get her. I went and gathered up a couple candles and lit them, put one in our room, Emmas room and the kitchen. Thank goodness I had lots of candles in my house! Adam and I got up around 515am, so he couldget ready for work and I was going to go outside and shovel the snow so that someone would be in the house with Emma while I was outside. I shoveled the sidewalk enough to get to the cars....then I realized that we weren't going anywhere. The snow drift in front of Adams car came to my knees, the drift on the drivers side was just high enough that the door scrapped the snow! My car was behind his...and wasn't going anywhere either. I'd say about a 1 foot drift behind my car! There was no way he was going to work, or just plain going anywhere. So we went back to bed. Around 830, David, Adams brother, came over! Was anice little visit, a surprise because he walked a block to come see if everything was okay with us! What a nice guy! Well, it was freezing in our house. So Emma and I went to my moms (She has a wood stove!), and Adam was leaving with his friend Randy to head up to Calgary for his concert. By this time the plows had gone down the road and the nice guys in town with skidsteers plowed some driveways! So we were able to get out!
Now...today you wouldn't even know that we had a freaking winter storm warning on Wednesday. The snow is dang near melted and people are again running around in t-shirts and shorts! Actually should say playing in the snow in t-shirts and shorts!!
So Adam went to Amonamarth. They are a band from the UK (I think!) a heavy metal band, so I had no interest in going. He said it was an excellent concert and has no voice to prove it!! Well I better get outta here, Emma is getting into something she shouldn't be!











No comments:
Post a Comment