Monday, May 24, 2010

So it's been a week or so...I've been lazy okay and just haven't gotten on here to write anything! Nothing exciting has really happened. Emma is starting to talk more, which is nice but makes me a little nervous that she's just going to start talking and shock us! Then it'll never stop!! I was sick the beginning of last week, just couldn't seem to stay away from my friend "Mr Porcelain" Unfortunately, Emma and I didn't get to hang out with Lincoln for a few days. But I am feeling much better, thank goodness! No one else got sick, so that was really nice. Knock wood it stays that way! Adam has been working and started playing softball with his work team for the 'beer leagues" in Lethbridge. He's liking that. Emma and I have gone to one game, but given that the weather wasn't too great for the last two games....hopefully it's nice tomorrow so we can go watch but we'll see!

So..we have a new nephew on the way, Lynsey and Patrick are having another boy! We are all pretty excited! I mean we were all rooting for a girl but we'll take another boy! He'll be just as much fun as Lincoln is so we'll take him! haha Not that we have much choice in this matter!! :O) She's not due till the beginnig of October so we have some time to wait for him to arrive still...patience is a virtue I know! :O)

Hmm....a friend of mine asked me the other day how I liked being a Mommy, and I got me thinking about being a Mom. So, just for you Alyssa, here is a list of 10 think I love about being a Mommy.

  1. I get woken up every morning with a soft nudge, a smile and a cuddle. What more could you ask for at 7 in the morning!
  2. Even when I am having a bad day, all I need a smile from the most beautiful girl in the world and I feel better...even if it's for only a moment.
  3. I get to spend everyday with the most entertaining, interesting, cutest person in the world, now that makes for a good day!
  4. I get a hug any time that I want, and an occasional kiss that feels like getting a million bucks (the kisses are hard to come by!)
  5. I never thought that I could love someone so much in such a short period of time, and that is an amazing feeling to know that they love you back just as much.
  6. I get to experience everything from a different perspective that I never thought I would ever see...again. Like finding a grasshoper and oohing at how high it jumps, or thinking that everything is a dog and likes to bark! :O)
  7. I have a whole new out look on my life, and I want to do the best that I can so that she can be proud of me.
  8. I enjoy the moments that her and I get to share, like her poop experiences at the hospital or wiping it on my arm!
  9. I love watching her sleep and cannot wait till she can tell me what she dreams about!
  10. That I can help make a difference in the world because of an amazing little girl that I have been so blessed to have in my life.

I love you Emma!




Well this weekend we took a break from the internet. Was nice to not have the computer on, however Adam was not soo good! He tried to sneak onto facebook and hotmail a few times...then I threatened to disconnect the internet and he stayed off all day Sunday!! I was pretty proud of him for that...however I will not go without saying that he did complain an aweful lot! lol Oh how I love you Adam! :O)

We are going on two weeks of Emma sleeping in her big bed! She has been doing an awesome job of sleeping in her bed. Only comes out when she has a bad dream, we cuddle and she goes back to bed no problem! And I am thoroughly enjoying not having to get up to get her out of her crib in the morning...she just gets out of her bed, nudges me, and we cuddle in my bed till we have to get up for the day! It's soo great! However...the last couple of nights we have not had this luck, she goes to bed and is back up within 2 hours crying and wanting to sleep in my bed with me! Last night I tried to just put her in my bed and let her sleep but she crawled out and came to me...so I layed down with her till she fell asleep but I fell asleep too and Adam had to sleep on the couch! Tonight...she didn't last 30 minutes till she was out crying and screaming....she is in her bed tonight, fast asleep. I hope this doesn't become a habit because staying up late with a crying baby who won't let me go any where without her is kind of a pain in the butt....literally because she's usually sitting one me!! Hopefully she stays in bed all night and I get to actually sleep tonight! Emma has recently became kind of obsessed with wearing my shoes! lol I don't know why she started doing this but every pair of my shoes gets worn at least once within a day! haha She even wears Adams work boots once in awhile! Crazy Lady!


Sorry video is sideways and has no sound! I can't figure out how to rotate it or get sound going!! lol Sorry, but you'll get the jist of it!

Hmmm....what else is going on with us....nothing! How exciting! Well, I am going to go watch the rest of Smallville with Adam and go to bed. Emma and I get to hang out with Lincoln tomorrow! Hopefully it's nice outside so we can go to the park! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment